- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk, room temperature
- 3 Large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Move the oven rack to the lowest possible position. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Liberally grease the popover pan, custard cups or every other cup of a muffin pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Be sure to have milk and eggs at room temperature before proceeding. Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. No lumps!
- For the popover pan or custard cups: pour 1/3 Cup batter in each.
- For the muffin pan: pour 1/4 Cup of batter into every other cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes WITHOUT OPENING THE DOOR!
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 15-20 minutes (FYI, mine were done in 10, but I’m telling you what the recipe says).
- Remove from oven and cut a slit in the top to allow the steam to escape. Serve immediately.
The right pan is critical for these. If you do not have a popover pan you can use every other cup of a 12 muffin pan (you’ll want two) or 3/4 cup capacity custard cups on a rimmed baking sheet with plenty of room in between.