District of Columbia
Cynthia is a third-generation Washingtonian from a family of DC-based developers who has a lifetime understanding of the Washington, Virginia and Maryland markets. She has been consistently ranked as one of the top agents in DC by Washington and Real Trends and has earned a reputation for her professionalism, work ethic and sales performance. Her years of community involvement in several associations, the federal government and non-profit organizations reflects her pride in the DC Metro area and its growth.
We manage the home buying and selling process from start to finish, and believe communication is the cornerstone of every client relationships. We devote the same level of effort to each client regardless of transaction size.
With more than 30 years of business, legal, sales and strategic marketing experience in several industries, Cynthia Howar brings a wealth of resources to any real estate transaction. Cynthia has been with Washington Fine Properties since 2009. Prior to her career in real estate, Ms. Howar was educated in the healthcare field, worked as a telecommunications attorney, an executive in several companies and as a consultant in healthcare informatics and telemedicine. She is also a fine artist working in watercolors, oils and mixed media.
– Member, GCAAR, NAR
– Member, California and DC Bar Associations
– Past Board of Visitors, Childrens’ National Medical Center
– Past Member, American Telemedicine Association
– Past Member, ASTM
– Past Member National Defense Industries Association
– Past Member, American Association of Association Executives
– J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
– Graduate Center of the City University of New York, Doctoral Studies in Psychology and Environmental Psychology
– B.S. Trinity College, Hartford, CT
– Graduate of Women in Leadership & Learning (WILL), a leadership training program for senior executive women in business
– Studies in Fine Art and Architecture: Art League of Alexandria, Corcoran School of Art, University of Iowa, City College of New York, Hunter College
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT PAST AND PRESENT:
– President, Hillandale Homeowners Association, 2007-present
– Washington, DC, Chapter of the Alzheimers’ Foundation
– Marshall Legacy Foundation
– Childrens’ Defense Fund
– I Have a Dream Foundation
Tennis, Art, Architecture, Travel and the Culinary Arts
Ms. Howar is also an artist, whose watercolor and oil paintings have been in juried shows in the DC metropolitan area.
All close-in neighborhoods in Northwest DC, Northern VA and Maryland, including: Georgetown, Wesley Heights, Spring Valley, Kent, Massachusetts Avenue Heights, Kalorama, Forest Hills, McLean, Arlington, Alexandria, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Potomac.
Ms. Howar is proud to be backed by the professional staff and marketing arm of Washington Fine Properties, ranked the top national luxury real estate brokerage by sales price for seven years running. We ensure superior home photography, 3D home tours, captivating print materials, digital outreach and a customized marketing plan for every listing.
Washington Fine Properties is the undisputed leader in the Capital Region’s luxury market. Our firm has been recognized as for having the Highest Sales Volume per Agent in the nation for an unprecedented seven consecutive years. Some of our sales figures for 2017: